- In Mumbai.
- Saturday night to Sunday night.
- Staying with Gaurav so that means long discussions late into the night. Mostly gossip.
- Might bump into Suman who is coming in from Melbourne. Will meet her if her flight is late and she misses her connecting train to Ahmedabad. Am keeping my fingers crossed :-)
- Just missed Namrata who should be in Australia right now. All the best Sahil. And you too Namrata. But mostly Sahil :-)
- No specific plans in Mumbai. Might go watch a movie with friends. Or just chill out at some friend's place.
- Keeping my fingers crossed about Mumbai rains. Kunjan told me yesterday that trains were cancelled for a day.
- In Ahmedabad.
- Monday morning to Wednesday evening.
- Feeling a bit homesick. Has been happening more frequently recently. Don't know why.
- Lots and lots and lots of home food.
- Hope it does not rain much in Ahmedabad when I am there.
- Bantu coming from Bangalore for a few days. Will be meeting him in Ahmedabad after a long long time. I think since the last 2 years we have met only in Mumbai. Wah re Mumbai!
- Suman will be in Ahmedabad. Long time no see, very few emails and calls... so lots of catching up to do. Have already told her that Monday lunch will be at her place. Shameless me :-)
- Hopefully Mona don is free in Monday and Tuesday.
- Wanted to meet DA-IICT gang but am not sure if we can work out something. Long time since I met many of them.
- Wish Vineet were there too.
- Have to check up whether any more non-resident Amdavadi friends of mine will be in town.
Feeling hungry and sleepy but lots of work to do... so back to work. See you later.
That's my itinerary for the next 13 days. It is going to be a looong and hectic 2 weeks, albeit an interesting one.
Last minute change of plans. Am not going after all.
If I were a poet I would have penned a poem.
If I were good at articulation I would have written something more meaningful.
If I had tons of money and time I would have visited you.
But I am none of the above. So I will just shout a very Happy Friendship Day to all my friends out there. I am very lucky to have tons of friends from different phases in life scattered around the globe who have each given me different things and still continue to do so.
By friends I also mean my parents, grandparents, brother and other relatives with whom I am close... after all these are one of my earliest and best friends.
Life indeed wouldn't be even half the fun it is now if I didn't have you guys. Thanks.
Even though its not Christmas I do feel a little like Calvin.
I enjoyed the trip to Chennai last week very much. As usual did not see anything in Chennai at all due to the hectic work schedule. I wanted to buy a good quality umbrella from Chennai but could not manage to do even that.
I had gone there for an architecture review session scheduled with the client team of a specific project. The client team was there, the project team from my company was there and then there were a whole lot of reviewers from different focus areas. I was representing the security practice. It was 3 whole days of discussions, reviews, improvements, brainstormings and next steps. Of course there was also good food, tons of chocolates and a continuous supply of all beverages (nothing alcoholic). What more can a techie ask for? :-) I also met a lot of interesting people there and was exposed to a whole new style of thinking and approach. I look forward to many more such engagements in the future.
Apart from that the week was quite docile. Today I spent the whole day reading, eating and sleeping. That's the right way to spend a weekend, right?
Good things that have happened to me recently:
- Going to Chennai for an interesting assignment - 24 hours hence.
- Free Domino's Pizza due to late delivery - 30 minutes ago.
- Flurry of emails on Prakash Yahoo! group after a long time - Few days back.
- Went shopping with Madhuri and bought some cool stuff. - 7 days ago.
- Met a long lost school friend Abhishek after 11 years - 9 days ago.
- Went to Chennai for an interesting assignment - 13 days back.